My sunglasses are good?
Who has ever suspected the quality of their sunglasses ?. The simplest and safest way, if they are not from a recognized brand is to go to the nearest Optician to check the protection of your lenses.
It is easy to pay attention to “offers” almost irresistible in times of crisis. However, if those euros that you save that are your visual health, Do you think it’s worth it? Don´t put a price on the health of your eyes.
What guarantees do you have to ask for?
- Pay attention to the “CE” brand as the minimum quality standard.
- Demand that the lenses have UV filter to block UV light
- The glasses must have the filter category number, that is, the absorption factor. It goes from 0 to 4, depending on the amount of absorption
- Trust in recognized brands, the money they invest in the quality of their lenses is not a gift.
5 Good Reasons to Wear Good Sunglasses
- IT PROTECTS US FROM THE SUN AND UV RAYS
UV radiation from the sun can cause photokeratitis (very painful burns of the cornea), cataracts and cellular growths, mostly benign, on the ocular surface
- IT PROTECT US FROM THE BLUE LIGHT
Long-term exposure to blue and violet light from the solar spectrum has been linked to an important risk factor for macular degeneration.
- IT PROVIDES US A MORE COMFORTABLE VISION
The brightness of the sun and its radiance interfere with comfortable vision and the ability to see clearly, by causing people to squint.
- SUNGLASSES HELP WITH NIGHT VISION
Spend two or three hours in full sun can hinder the ability to adapt quickly to light levels during the evening or indoors. This can cause the driving of vehicles at night, after spending a day in the sun without goggles, becomes a dangerous activity.
- THEY´RE THE PERFECT FASHION ACCESSORY!
Whether worn on the face, on the top of the head, or draped over the neckline of a blouse or dress, a good pair of sunglasses is as essential as an accessory as any other.